《colors of the wind》為動畫片《風中奇緣》主題曲,主唱為范妮莎.威廉姆斯(Vanessa Williams),Vanessa Williams使片中那種深沉的感傷、卻又自由新生的浪漫氣氛展露無遺。風之彩(Colors Of The Wind)也因此獲得了第六十八屆奧斯卡最佳電影歌曲。
Colors Of The Wind(風之彩)
范妮莎.威廉姆斯(Vanessa Williams)
You think you own whatever land you land on
你覺得你擁有你所駐足的每一方土地
The earth is just a dead thing you can claim
大地只不過是你所占有的無生命的財產
But I know every rock and tree and creature
但我卻知道每塊石頭、每棵樹、每種生物
Has a life has a spirit has a name
都擁有生命、擁有靈魂、擁有自己的名字
You think the only people who are people
你認為能夠稱之為人類的人
Are the people who look and think like you?
是那些外表和想法與你如出一轍的人
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
但如果你跟隨著陌生人的腳步
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew
你會學到那些你永遠學不到的東西
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?
你可曾經聽過野狼向著冷月哀嚎
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned ?
或去詢問山貓為何咧嘴而笑
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain?
你能否與大山的聲音彼此唱和
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
你能否繪盡風的萬種色彩
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
你能否繪盡風的萬種色彩
Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
來吧,在隱秘的林間小路上盡情的奔跑
Come taste the sun-sweet berries of the earth
來吧,嘗嘗自然生長的漿果的甘甜滋味
Come roll in all the riches all around you
看吧,豐腴的大自然簇擁在你周圍
And for once never wonder what they're worth
但這一次請不要懷疑它們的價值
The rainstorm and the river are my brothers
暴雨和溪流是我的兄弟
The heron and the otter are my friends
蒼鷺與水獺是我的知己
And we are all connected to each other
大千萬物皆彼此緊密相連
In a circle in a hoop that never ends
造物的鏈條往復循環,生生不息
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?
你可曾經聽過野狼向著冷月哀嚎
Or let the eagle tell you where he’s been ?
或讓蒼鷹告訴你它翱翔于何處
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain?
你能否與大山的聲音彼此唱和
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
你能否繪盡風的萬種色彩
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
你能否繪盡風的萬種色彩
How high does the sycamore grow?
楓樹究竟能長多高
If you cut it down then you'll never know
如果你砍倒它,那么你永遠無法獲知
And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
你將永遠無法聽到野狼向著冷月哀嚎
For whether we are white or copper-skinned
不論我們的膚色是白色抑或是古銅色
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountain
我們都需要與大山的聲音彼此唱和
We need to paint with all the colors of the wind
我們需要繪出風的萬種色彩
You can own the earth and still all you'll own is earth until
你可以真正擁有這片大地
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
直到你能夠繪出風中的色彩